Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Check that certain classes haven't been defined by PHP plugins Your version of PHP has defined some classes that conflict with SilverStripe's. The following classes are at fault: HTTPResponse

Go to End

9 Posts   4397 Views

rockarena

Community Member, 13 Posts

25 June 2009 at 7:10am

What can I do about that error? This seems to be the only thing getting in my way of using this cms.

rockarena

25 June 2009 at 7:20am

OK, I searched the forums after making this post! Found the answer! Hope it can get fixed in the next release of Silverstripe!

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

25 June 2009 at 4:11pm

what I feel is that the issue is with your php installation, and the HTTP was not installed.

check this to sort that

http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.http.php

dizzy

Community Member, 3 Posts

25 June 2009 at 7:30pm

The issue is not with the php installation. Most people use hosting companies. We don't have any control over the php installation. I have exactly the same problem as above and use one of the most common setups; Apache, PHP5. The script is supposed to work on most servers not only some few where all the conditions has to be just perfect or you cant install. Look at the other post in this cattegory, everyone is having similar problems. Why? The script is faulty.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 June 2009 at 8:17pm

... I searched the forums after making this post! Found the answer!.

rockarena - if it has not been already, please make this a ticket on open.silverstripe.org (when its back live) so that it can get fixed.

rockarena

25 June 2009 at 11:23pm

I'll do that Willr. Is there any way to get involved I wonder? I'm a programmer myself, well mostly java based web development. This cms works on my localhost and I've really been enjoying working with it. I would like to get stuck in and make the script more universal so that everyone can enjoy this great cms. And it's not that the script is faulty!!! Silverstripe was developed as a proprietary cms and was initially not aimed towards being open source. It's only natural that it has it's specific hosting options. Can be solved tough.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

26 June 2009 at 12:31am

Hi Rockarena,

Thanks for the offer to fix this! The way that you could get involved is to submit a patch that fixes the particular issue. See http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=submitting-patches for more information.

rockarena

26 June 2009 at 3:36am

I'll try at least mate. Like I said, I'm used to programming in java. PHP has been a while. I installed PHPEclipse and I'll try to look at the code this evening. Despite what has being said here by non believers I really like this cms and the code. Good job!! (Only thing I dislike is the loadscreen you get in the backend.)

Go to Top