Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Several installation problems.

Go to End

3 Posts   1868 Views

McBain

Community Member, 7 Posts

30 June 2009 at 12:08pm

This is just a documentation of my experience. Maybe one day someone interested might see what caused all this. I am not the only member here to experience some or all of these errors.

First there was the old:
Check that certain classes haven't been defined by PHP plugins Your version of PHP has defined some classes that conflict with SilverStripe's. The following classes are at fault: HTTPResponse

Fixed this by renaming all instances to something else like; SSHTTPResponse

Second was:
Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-thesite-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_thesite_public_html_cms_code_AssetAdmin.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/thesite/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 398

Fix this by manually creating directory; "silverstripe-cache"

After all that I have:
[Warning] HttpRequest::__construct() expects at most 3 parameters, 5 given
GET /?flush=1
Line 112 in /home/thesite/public_html/sapphire/core/control/Director.php

Still no joy with the SS installers :(

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 June 2009 at 12:53pm

That error would be because you have renamed SSHTTPResponse but thoughout the code it still uses the php one (which has different constructors). You would have to rename all the occurrences to SSHttpResponse for that to work.

See the ticket here http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2827 for the discussion. Not sure if any better solutions are listed among those

McBain

Community Member, 7 Posts

30 June 2009 at 1:29pm

Edited: 30/06/2009 2:36pm

Thank you willr. I have re-installed SS so many times that I just gave up in the end. Now I've already installed Drupal(very easy) and started customization. :( I will try SS again one day maybe. Thanks for the help.

Please read some of the comments here to see what others think of SS:

http://php.opensourcecms.com/scripts/details.php?scriptid=61&name=SilverStripe