Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issues when installing on Windows XP

Go to End

2 Posts   1830 Views

Padji

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 July 2009 at 2:55am

Edited: 03/07/2009 3:59am

Hello,
As I had been seduced by the SS cms some month ago, I wanted to give it a try for real as a friend of mine needed a small cms website.
Then I downloaded the last version available last week v2.3.2 (I have to say that I'm working on XP, and have wamp already up and running) , problem : when I unzip the tar file, winrar tells me that the archive is corrupted, I retried the download but each time got the same error message.
So I took a previous version of SS downloaded some month ago on my laptop (v.2.2.3), I did my stuff and build my website quite rapidly until I needed to put images as a slideshow.
I found interesting the image gallery extension, but it needs at least v2.3 :(
As I got the untar problem again, I tried to install using the microsoft web platform installer (yet I am reluctant to install those piece of cakes from microsoft as when you do it, it requires you the installation of number of additional beginning by microsoft .Net framework and so on, telling you you have not the last version of this or this even if it is the most up to date computer in town). So I began this big task, I will spare you the details, like not founding Mysql (want sql server maybe?) on my system and after spending 1/2 hour on wizard (6 steps and reboot), it told me it was not able to install a number of product (like IIS, ... and SS).
I do not consider doing this installation using the microsoft web installer again, the best for me would be to do it the old fashioned way, unzip a folder in the wamp www folder.
Is there somebody having done this on xp and somewhere where I could download a valid v2.3.x ?
Thx and kind regards to all :)

Padji

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 July 2009 at 4:13am

I finally arrived to untar the SilverStripe-v2.3.2.tar file using 7-Zip (open source) instead of winrar.
I apologize for any inconvenience :)