Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

only themes that work are blackcandy and tutorial?

3 Posts   1652 Views

poematrix

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 July 2009 at 8:00am

Hi.

I found an older machine, on which SilverStripe actually works. BTW, with my regular machine machine I cannot even access the online theme demos. All I get is the SilverStripe logo webpage, and that's it.

I attempted to use three other themes, namely highway, natureweb4, and higherground. In all three cases I get an error page instructing me that [Warning] None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss The error results from
GET /SilverStripe/?stage=Live.

To utilize the other themes I simply change the literal string parameter for SSViewer::set_them('');

I am changing the themes while the work is in progress, i.e. I already completed a good party of the site, using the blackcandy theme.

I also get the same errors, if I attempt to freshly login to the CMS as admin, after setting it to one of the above.
If it's of any relevance, I'm running on XP Pro.

Any ideas?

_Vince

Community Member, 162 Posts

24 July 2009 at 1:38pm

"I attempted to use three other themes, namely highway, natureweb4, and higherground. In all three cases I get an error page instructing me that [Warning] None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss The error results from
GET /SilverStripe/?stage=Live. "

I had that problem a couple of times.

I can't remember if I did a

/dev/build?flush=1

or just a

?flush=1

but that's all that was necessary.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

24 July 2009 at 2:16pm

once you change themes you should only need to do a ?flush=1. Couple other gotchas - make sure the theme folder is all lowercase and without spaces.