Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

only themes that work are blackcandy and tutorial?

Go to End

3 Posts   2099 Views

poematrix

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 July 2009 at 8:00am

Hi.

I found an older machine, on which SilverStripe actually works. BTW, with my regular machine machine I cannot even access the online theme demos. All I get is the SilverStripe logo webpage, and that's it.

I attempted to use three other themes, namely highway, natureweb4, and higherground. In all three cases I get an error page instructing me that [Warning] None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss The error results from
GET /SilverStripe/?stage=Live.

To utilize the other themes I simply change the literal string parameter for SSViewer::set_them('');

I am changing the themes while the work is in progress, i.e. I already completed a good party of the site, using the blackcandy theme.

I also get the same errors, if I attempt to freshly login to the CMS as admin, after setting it to one of the above.
If it's of any relevance, I'm running on XP Pro.

Any ideas?

_Vince

Community Member, 165 Posts

24 July 2009 at 1:38pm

"I attempted to use three other themes, namely highway, natureweb4, and higherground. In all three cases I get an error page instructing me that [Warning] None of these templates can be found: Page.ss, ContentController.ss The error results from
GET /SilverStripe/?stage=Live. "

I had that problem a couple of times.

I can't remember if I did a

/dev/build?flush=1

or just a

?flush=1

but that's all that was necessary.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 July 2009 at 2:16pm

once you change themes you should only need to do a ?flush=1. Couple other gotchas - make sure the theme folder is all lowercase and without spaces.