Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS Ver 2.3.3 problem

Go to End

9 Posts   4413 Views

BruceG

Community Member, 29 Posts

6 August 2009 at 9:29am

Edited: 06/08/2009 10:35am

I have just loaded V2.3.3 on my webserver and am getting the following error when doing ?flush=1

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-httpd-vhlinks-www.afsm.org.nz/manifestClassParse-_home_afsmanawatu_afsm.org.nz_sapphire_core_model_DataObject.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/apache/phpinc/:/home/afsmanawatu/afsm.org.nz/) in /home/afsmanawatu/afsm.org.nz/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 390

This error appears twice at the top of the page and is then followed by the actual page content. the url at this time is
www.mysite.org.nz/?flush=1

I also get strange errors when trying Dev/Build. see attached snapshots of this error (2 parts)

I previously had V2.3.2 on this webserver which I was testing live which had installation errors (I think) although it had worked better than this version.

Any Ideas?

Regards BruceG

Attached Files
Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

6 August 2009 at 12:33pm

Can you manually clear the temp folder? I've seen problems with old temp files getting in the way of upgrades.

BruceG

6 August 2009 at 1:11pm

Hi Hamish

Not sure how I would do that. Any ideas?

I thought that I'd cleaned everything out when I did the new installation but mayin fact have left temp files etc behind.

FYI - i'm using a new sql db for this installation which may or may not have any bearing on this problem.

Hopefully someone in the SS team will know something about fixing this problem????

Regards
BruceG

Hamish

6 August 2009 at 4:06pm

Silverstripe stores file manifest information and parsed template files in your temp folder (/tmp/ maybe) - just remove everything in this folder. You can also set the tmp folder that SilverStripe uses by defining the constant TEMP_FOLDER in your _config.php file:

eg:

define('TEMP_FOLDER', dirname(getcwd())."/tmp");

BruceG

6 August 2009 at 4:22pm

Thanks for trying but I'm still none the wiser.

Can't see any tmp or temp folder or anything similar.

Maybe there's some clever commands that I don't know about or any commands for that matter.

??

BruceG

6 August 2009 at 4:25pm

When I reread your last post, Hamish, am I correct in saying that I can create a folder on my site called say 'afstemp' and define it as the temp folder that ss shoiuld use?
If so I could easily find this and clear it manually - I guess??

BG

Hamish

6 August 2009 at 4:33pm

Yes, that's correct. Note that your current tmp folder will not be in your webroot, so you won't find it within your SilverStripe installation.

It shouldn't be too hard to find - from the error message it appears to be '/tmp/' - it would be better to find and empty it rather than relocate it.

BruceG

6 August 2009 at 4:55pm

Hamish - good news

I'm back in business.
It turns out that the webservers I'm on require some time before they effect the changes that I made to the sqlDB and folders etc.
When I retried the Dev/Build and ?flush=1 all now seems to do what it apparently should.

I've also now added a couple of modules and they appear to be good too so I'm fingers crossed for now and it's on with page creation etc.

Are you any good with email templates??

Go to Top