Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to checkout nestedurls branch

Go to End

3 Posts   1561 Views

lepidopteran

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 August 2009 at 1:43am

Dear forum!

I'd like to try the silverstripe branch "nestedurls". But I'm stuck right at the begining. Can you help me?

1) How to download? SVN would be welcome but I have no idea how? As I can see there's more than one subdirectory "nestedurls" e.g. in cms and sapphire. If I checkout in root dir I would load all modules but all I want is a basic set like in the download file including the installer.

2) Btw how recent is this branch? Is it comparable to 2.3.2 or is it like 2.4 very alpha?

Thanks in advance.

lepidopteran

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 August 2009 at 4:46am

regarding 1)

Wasn't to hard... This will create a default installation with nested URLs:

# svn co http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/phpinstaller/branches/nestedurls/

Sorry for the noise. Although I just got it by trial and error. Seems like phpinstaller brings the needed modules with it.

Question 2) is still relevant. How recent is this branch?!

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

1 September 2009 at 10:40am

I asked ajshort (the module's maintainer) about NestedURLs about a week and a half ago in IRC.

Here's a copy of the log.
01[01:25] <joshual> ajshort: Being the maintainer, Do you have any caveats or advice for working with the nestedurls branch? I've just started looking into it and haven't been finding much info.
[01:25] <ajshort> sure
[01:26] <ajshort> 1) use the github version - i stopped developing in svn a while ago
[01:26] <ajshort> 2) alot of code uses $page->URLSegment to generate links, instead you should use $page->Link() or $page->RelativeLink(), $page->ElementName() for a CSS identifier
[01:27] <ajshort> yeah i havent written much documentation for it since its largely been a behind the scenes thing (i think)
[01:27] <ajshort> although merge back should be fairly soon :)
[01:27] <stuckinrealtime> joshual: I've got several projects deployed which use ajshorts wonderful magic. all i can say is works great!
01[01:28] <joshual> Thanks, without knowing number 1 in particular I would have been in for some trouble.
[01:28] <ajshort> heh
[01:28] <ajshort> github.com/ajshort/sapphire and github.com/ajshort/jsparty