Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

htaccess & memory problems for sub domain

3 Posts   1352 Views

Flaminghedge

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 October 2009 at 1:43pm

I have installed the core of SS in a subdomain called "test" (and like what I see). I have tried to install more modules, but kept getting an out of memory error. I have scoured (for the last week) the forums and google, and have also asked my web host for a solution. The only way I can do this (after trying many other solutions) with my host is to add "php_value memory_limit 64M" to the root .htaccess file. I have tried heaps of permutations on this, but everything comes up with an internal server error, on both the root domain, and sub domain - only when this memory command is added. Help would be much appreciated - I can't evaluate SS further until this is fixed..

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

2 October 2009 at 4:24pm

Can you look in your server logs to see what the error is. That command could have been disabled by your host.

Flaminghedge

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 October 2009 at 5:25pm

I've looked everywhere for logs that hold some useful info, but there is none available to me. The host has recommended this setting, so I would presume that it is enabled.