Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Install completes then "...page couldn't be found."


Reply


5 Posts   1853 Views

Avatar
frodeaux

Community Member, 15 Posts

15 October 2009 at 5:25pm

OS-X Snow Leopard. I've got a lot of PHP code which works perfectly.
I like the look of SilverStripe and the install went smoothly. I have
it running in a apache named-virtual-host so that the SilverStripe
directory is the document root.

After the install apparently completes successfully, (and tries
to redirect to the post-install page?) all I get is a page that
is empty except for the message, "The requested page couldn't be found."

Any hints?

Thanks.

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

18 October 2009 at 9:37pm

osx 10.5 here, would love to have an answer to the same question.

Avatar
john_fuqua

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 October 2009 at 9:44am

Same problem here. I have been working through the install for over an hour. What a pain.

John

Avatar
yurigoul

Community Member, 202 Posts

28 October 2009 at 9:55am

Look here: http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/271239#post271239

The reason is that you probably had some errors. But the installer already has created all the tables.

You have to delete all the tables from the silverstripe database using phpmadmin or the Mysql administrator from MySQL site, then reinstall - Go directly to your install.php, do not try to access any other page in the site, not even the homepage or the root and then do a reinstall.

In my case everything went fine after that.

I am running MAMP now by the way, because entropy had some errors - and nobody on the entropy forum is willing or able to clarify. Installing in MAMP was a breeze.

Avatar
john_fuqua

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 October 2009 at 10:42am

Thanks yurigoul. I moved the site content to the document root, rather than my ~username site. Deleted all of the tables and ran install.php again. Everything works fine now. I am running Snow Leapard by the way.

Off to installing extension modules.

Cheers,
John