Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Transfer from localhost to online

Go to End

4 Posts   3218 Views

Aioli

Community Member, 10 Posts

20 October 2009 at 11:09am

Hi,
I've built my site on a localhost. I've now successfully installed silverstripe on an online server, copied over my assets folder, mysite files, and my theme files. I know I need to copy over my 'database schema' but I'm not sure exactly what files these would be? So far nothing has changed on my online silverstripe site (i.e. still default install pages, not my own site).
It's probably a simple explanation, i'm just not up with the database terminology.
Thank you!

socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

20 October 2009 at 11:29am

Edited: 20/10/2009 11:39am

It depends on your setup. If your using MAMP or something similar...

Go into phpMyAdmin and export the database. Save the file as SQL or one of the Zip file choices (godaddy didn't like zip, but I think gzip works fine). I've included a screenshot. Maybe someone else can confirm that these settings are proper.

Then you go to your host database and Import that saved file.

Run dev/build?flush=all once everything is there.

Note - your passwords will most likely not work http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/270913?start=0#post270934, so put a default user/pass in mysite > _config.

Security::setDefaultAdmin(’admin’,’password’);

Attached Files
Aioli

Community Member, 10 Posts

26 October 2009 at 9:15pm

Thanks for the quick help! I installed phpmyadmin and exported the database successfully and yes my passwords don't work. I've added that code to my config file but I still can't login to my host or silverstripe using my old login details or 'admin/password'. what login details am I supposed to use or is there something else I'm missing?? Hopefully its something simple that i'm not aware of yet!?
Cheers

socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

26 October 2009 at 9:39pm

Your old password will have to be re-entered once you get into the admin. You could try the Lost Password link on the Login form (assuming you used your real email address when you set it up).

Having that line in the _config should get you in. Assuming you didn't change that line, you would visit yoursite.com/admin and then to login you would type in admin for the email field and password for the password field.

Feel free to post your _config or a link to your site, but I can't imagine what else could be wrong. You uploaded the new _config file to your host, right? :-)