Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help

Go to End

3 Posts   1509 Views

Ryanking32

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 October 2009 at 1:08pm

I am having trouble installing the silverstripe and I have an error http://hackerzneeds.limewebs.com/dev/build?returnURL= I have my server info if anyone wants it so you guys can help me.

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

22 October 2009 at 3:39pm

Hi Ryanking32

I just had a look at your link, and I am certainly getting an error back from Silverstripe on the URL.

When you installed Silverstripe, did the installation process complete correctly? It almost looks like you have a DB connection issue, but I cant get any further information out of the system from here.

What my be worthwhile to do, is to try to connect to silverstripe on the development URL, and pass a "?isDev=1" to silverstripe to see what additional information you get out of the error.

Finally, it may be useful to know what OS, DB and webserver combination you are running.

Cheers
Owen

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 October 2009 at 4:48pm

Looking at it in ?isDev=1 mode - looks like you are running the site in Live mode but your database hasn't been setup correctly. You could try putting the site into dev mode (by adding Director::set_environment_type("dev") in your mysite/_config.php file) and then trying to run dev/build again.