Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Got an error

Go to End

3 Posts   1701 Views

Ryanking32

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 November 2009 at 2:37pm

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

3 November 2009 at 3:43pm

Hi Ryanking,

Two things seem to be happening here.

First it looks like there are permission issues with the mysite folder in your installation. Check that your user (or the webserver user) have the correct permissions to the installation. Either your user or the webserver user will need to have read/write access to at the very least the following;

mysite
assets
.htaccess

As for mod_rewrite and AllowOverride being set incorrectly, I have used that 000webhost before and have been able to setup Silverstripe in the environment with no real issues. I am using the free accounts, and will have a peek at my installation notes a bit later.

Cheers
Owen

yurigoul

Community Member, 203 Posts

3 November 2009 at 11:57pm

And if your install still does not work - although the installer says everything should be peachy: go into your silverstripe database and delete all the tables (note: all data in those tables will be erased). Then go directly to your install.php and run it again. Important: do not go into your main silverstripe dir or to any other part of that website or else silverstripe will recreate those tables again.

After that everything worked fine for me - and for other people as well.