Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS .htaccess issue - Please help me

4 Posts   1437 Views

valentin83

Community Member, 13 Posts

18 November 2009 at 3:16am

I have a big problem. I have a problem with some rules and conditions from .htaccess file, the file looks like this:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

I have installed it on my server @ GoDaddy and works fine, also I have on the same hosting account a subdomain with the same script and also he work just fine as well. Now here is the thing: I have two more add-on domain there and uploaded 2 more websites, when I'm using the standard .htaccess file with SS rules and conditions the sites using this script work but the others (plain .html sites) are not working (500 Internal Server Error), and if I remove and upload a standard or 0 bytes .htaccess file plain html sites work but your script is looking like a skinned site (no css at all - not even the browser's) - after looking at the problem deeper I figured it needs to be linked to saphire in the .htaccess file to look like it should. I've addressed myself to the hosting support center and they indicated the same root of the problem: .htaccess file is corrupted.

This is out of my hands and I can't figure out what to add to that file or what to remove so that those sites coexist like any websites should on a web-server.

Thanks, and I would appreciate an answer A.S.A.P.

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

18 November 2009 at 4:06am

You may also want to try asking the question on the IRC channel http://irc.silverstripe.org/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

valentin83

19 November 2009 at 2:23am

Thanks you for your suggestion, I will because I really need to solve this issues, it's really messing up my hosting account.

valentin83

19 November 2009 at 3:06am

Meanwhile feel free to repospond here if you know what's happening and why do I have those errors.