Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Migrating from Static Site to Silverstripe

5 Posts   2353 Views

greatfargo

Community Member, 1 Post

15 October 2010 at 8:23am

I have a website with registration page. I need to migrate it to silverstripe. I wonder if there is a straight forward way of doing it. If there is no straight way, I need a freelancer to help. If you are interested, please email me.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

5 November 2010 at 12:47am

Hi there,

I can say that it depends on the site... it is straight forward to install, grab a pre-created theme, add in user registration module... but... what happens when they register? I am not sure if I'd want to do the project myself... but if you were to list the current website URL and give a few more details of the functionality and your email address (it isn't shown on your profile) then you might get a couple more responses.

Barry

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

5 November 2010 at 12:36pm

First of all you will need to turn the static site into a site managed by SilverStripe, there is a really nice tutorial for doing that here [url]http://ssbits.com/newbies/2010/building-a-theme-from-a-static-template/[/url].

Secondly you will most likely want to use the User Registration module [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/registration-module/[/url] and add that to your site.

Both of those are pretty basic things to do if you're interested in learning SilverStripe but will take you a few hours to put together.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

5 November 2010 at 2:05pm

Hi greatfargo, I'm available for SilverStripe work. If you need a freelancer to complete this for you, contact me privately via ryan@acreativeconsulting.com

jocuri

Community Member, 3 Posts

23 May 2011 at 2:49am

I think it's pretty much a job of inputting all the data in the db