Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Integrating Excel spreadsheets into SilverStripe site

7 Posts   1523 Views

Joe Joe

Community Member, 9 Posts

7 March 2011 at 8:56am

How do I integrate Excel spreadsheets into my SilverStripe site? Thanks.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

7 March 2011 at 11:02am

Integrate?

Kinda - open ended... for you mean provide a this as the means for editing dataobjects all at once in a spreasheet like view? using excel spreadtsheets as the database? using a spreadsheet functionality like formulas, graphs and pivot tables?

I am curious as I'm making a spreadsheet view at the moment that may well become a module...

Joe Joe

7 March 2011 at 11:07am

Embed? What I would really like to do is save an Excel spreadsheet as an image, which I don't think can be done, and then just display that image on one of my pages.

So I have this Excel spreadsheet with all of these results and I can't place it seamlessly into a SilverStripe page.

Does that help?

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

8 March 2011 at 1:43am

I'm sure that there is probably a better way, but you could just save the spreadsheet as a pdf then open it in Photoshop or a similar program and save as a jpg file.

HB

Joe Joe

8 March 2011 at 5:41am

Ah, you had to go and be all simple and brilliant about it :-) Now I get it. Good call.

Thanks!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

8 March 2011 at 6:21am

I was going to suggest Ctrl+Alt+PrtSc - but I figured that would be a touch insulting... :)

Joe Joe

8 March 2011 at 6:23am

No insult taken :-) Thanks swaiba!