Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Migrating from Linux to Windows - _config.php and/or mySQL database issues

Go to End

2 Posts   3600 Views

mebellew

Community Member, 4 Posts

7 December 2012 at 7:12pm

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate a site from Linux to Windows... I've installed SS onto a windows 2008 server using the Web PI and with the clean install I can display the standard home page and can access the cms. However, I need to copy an existing SS implementation and msSQL database that was copied from a Linux machine. I've done as instructed on a number of forum threads and simply copied the mysite folder content as well as themes and assests folders across, however when I copy the _config.php file (in the myfiles folder) from the existing site (overwriting the newly created one) I get a 500 Internal Error - "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

I guess it's something to do with the mySQL database because the db name, username and password are specified in the existing _config,php file from the Linux server, and I have a .sql file that was copied from the Linux server, but I don't know how to install/implement this on Windows. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do this please? Or better still tell me what the cause of my problem is. Thanks in advance, as you can tell this is new to me...

Regards, Mark.

mebellew

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 December 2012 at 4:34am

Hi, I have an update on this... I've created an mySQL database and run the .sql script to build the tables/content etc. But I still have the issue where the standard install SS page is displayed not the files I copied in from the back up. The fiiles definitely exist in the myfiles/code folder, and all of the other files (assets folder, etc) are available within the cms (I've synched them).

I'm looking for any guidance on what could be preventing the site files in myfiles/code not to be displayed? I'm sure there is some configuration that I have not done, possibly with _config.php, .htaccess or ss_environment.php? And any other suggestions are most welcome. Cheers.

Regards, Mark