Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Integrate SilverStripe with WordPress blog

Go to End

4 Posts   5486 Views

Acketh

Community Member, 4 Posts

10 July 2009 at 9:16am

Edited: 10/07/2009 9:21am

I'm not sure if this is possible, but can anyone tell me if I can have SilverStripe and Wordpress running on the same site, with SilverStripe handling everything except the blog?

Or if there's an easy way to import a WordPress blog into the SilverStripe blog module?

Thank you in advance for any help.

bennylope

Community Member, 12 Posts

4 August 2009 at 3:35am

I should think that you could have WordPress and SilverStripe running on the same site by modifying the .htaccess file so that requests for http://youriste/blog are handled by WordPress instead of Sapphire.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

10 August 2009 at 5:54pm

There is a Wordpress Import Module to pull wordpress posts into the SilverStripe blog module - not sure if it has been kept current though.

Bia62

Community Member, 1 Post

25 August 2009 at 5:30am

Hi, I've been looking around at content management systems and there seems to be more around than you can shake the proverbial stick at. All of course claiming to be the best. The reason I am looking is I would like to have a single system that does 'everything'. I know things change but if it's all within the same framework then even major changes and new technologies are easier to adapt to as you are already 'familiar with the structure'. So it makes me curious when I see someone who likes to mix things as it were. Just to help me get a better understanding why exactly do you want to keep Wordpress running as your blog? What advantage does this give you? I have a number of wordpress sites all pretty similar in structure to Best Interview Answers and my overriding desire is to get them under some kind of central management.