Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

NEW: SilverStripe Job Board

Go to End

17 Posts   8543 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 November 2009 at 10:05pm

Hey All,

I've noticed a few people posting jobs on the forum I thought it would be more useful if there was a dedicated SilverStripe Job Board so I had a bit of a play and launched this http://jobs.silverstripehq.com/.

As a note this is *not* affiliated with SilverStripe Ltd but its a little side project of mine that's hopefully going to be useful for people looking for developers and even developers looking for work!. So your logins from the forum / wiki will not work over there.

Would love to hear your feedback and if you think it will be useful!. The code powering the job board will be released as a jobboard module accordingly as well :D

Cheers.

Yakiv

Community Member, 59 Posts

30 November 2009 at 6:30am

Edited: 30/11/2009 6:33am

Very good idea and very nice work.

Do you have a testing / sandbox area (subdomain) for your jobs posting mod / site? How does your module look with thousands of job postings? I am curious to see how it would all look, full-blown.

Willr

30 November 2009 at 8:57am

Hey Yakiv, no live testing / sandbox currently. The functionality for the job board is still lacking for one of that scale - it currently has no searching ability, no filtering by type etc which would make having more then 10 jobs at a time a bit of a pain. I'll add searching / filtering when it becomes an issue!.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

3 December 2009 at 8:41am

Awesome, thanks Will!

mathiasmex

Community Member, 28 Posts

25 January 2010 at 9:54pm

Hi Will,

just stepped by to see the Jobboard. Nice. Only missing the date of each post. I think it would be good to see the age of the posts.
Anyway, hope it will be used frequently...

mathiasmex

Willr

26 January 2010 at 9:19am

Edited: 10/02/2010 9:52pm

Thanks mathiasmex,

I'll add space for that information when I next update the site.

EDIT: @mathiasmex Site updated. Now includes the age of the listing.

klikhier

Community Member, 150 Posts

10 February 2011 at 4:11am

Willr, any change that the Job Board will make it into a module anytime soon. It's exactly what I need...

Willr

10 February 2011 at 8:38pm

klikhier - send me an email: will.rossiter@gmail.com with your email address and I'll send through the code as it is. The site's been a little neglected so happy to share the code!

Go to Top