Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

SilverStripe 3.0.0-pr1

Go to End

14 Posts   7426 Views

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

3 May 2011 at 2:16pm

Tried installing it but no password is ever stored for the user created in the install.

I searched the mysql database and the member password row is blank.

I was able to set a default login in the config file after installing which got me in. I realize this is very alpha but just a heads up. Tried installing 3 times.

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

7 May 2011 at 12:56pm

Edited: 07/05/2011 1:01pm

Looks like tinymce is not working

ok its working but it loads in firefox after u remove default text and save

T-Muns

Community Member, 8 Posts

25 May 2011 at 7:21am

I am new to SS and am seriously considering it for a large financial client. I installed 2.4.5 and it looks pretty good. I thought I would check out the alpha release to see where things are going, so I gave SilverStripe-3.0.0-pr1 a quick install. Is this what the admin interface is going to turn into? IMO it doesn't feel very usable and the previous interface is much better.

Just wondering...
Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 May 2011 at 5:37pm

T-Muns - The 3.0.0-pr1 is a developer early release preview. It's missing all of the polish and final API designs but was released so people could have a glance and get some more involvement.

You can see the final designs at https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-design/blob/master/Design/ss3-ui_Sitetree+content.png

T-Muns

Community Member, 8 Posts

26 May 2011 at 12:44am

Thanks Willr. I think the comp looks great. I think the site tree would be better in the left column to preserve real estate, but I'm sure you guys have looked at those options.

suntrop

Community Member, 141 Posts

3 June 2011 at 12:22am

Hi

Is there any special forum/thread to post my thoughts into about the 3rd release of SilverStripe?

I installed it and – besides some bugs I can put into the bug tracker – there are some other things I want to share with the developer team.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 June 2011 at 11:23am

We're not exactly asking for bug reports just yet as this is an alpha and quite a lot of functionality is still missing / only roughly implemented (but bugfix patches welcome). When we get nearer the beta releases bug reports would be the emphasis. As for general thoughts on it, I would read the threads on SS3.0 on the dev mailing list first, see if we're discussed your point and if not then raise it on that.

Go to Top