Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Suspended forum accounts (with suspicious/spammy activity)

109 Posts   19049 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

16 January 2012 at 10:22pm

Hi Sticks, yes, it was almost poetic, leading up to that end conclusion... Still - gone and lost forever :-)

Thanks, Martine

Mo

Community Member, 514 Posts

25 March 2012 at 4:18am

Just thought I would pipe up here. I know the Silverstripe dev's are very busy at the mo, but a "Report this post" button would be really useful.

I guess it would just have to email the forum administrators, or could even use some sort of scoring system (if x number of users report it, the post gets blacklisted).

Thoughts?

Mo

nzstephenf

Community Member, 39 Posts

25 March 2012 at 10:28pm

Maybe setup a form, with:
* NAME
* E-MAIL ADDRESS (Set as email address from profile)
* SILVERSTRIPE PROFILE ID NUMBER (e.g. www.silverstripe.org/ForumMemberProfile/show/12345678)
^ The ID would give a clear indication of what account to remove

OR
* Do an email verification system to make the website have verified accounts only

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

26 March 2012 at 10:15pm

I guess it would just have to email the forum administrators, or could even use some sort of scoring system (if x number of users report it, the post gets blacklisted).

Patches welcome. I would shy away from blacklisting as that itself, would easily be the victim of spamming. I want to introduce email confirmations (which are a feature of the memberprofiles module) if someone finds the time for http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5731 to ahead though everything in 3.0 focused at the moment.

Mo

Community Member, 514 Posts

26 March 2012 at 10:26pm

Noooooo... I have received the dreaded "Patches welcome" response.

Hangs head in shame

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

26 March 2012 at 10:36pm

I thought you would be used to it by now Mo :) The only way anything gets fixed is when it annoys someone effort to spend some time on it! A report button wouldn't be that hard to implement for you! Knock one up and submit a pull request. Could be on this very site in no time!

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

17 June 2012 at 11:02pm

Edited: 17/06/2012 11:10pm

One accidental swipe and there goes a perfectly legit post... Soooo easy on an ipad:(

I was answering a post by a silverstripe user, my finger accidentally touched the delete link and there it went. I was afraid it would happen eventually as there is no 'are you sure' intervention. I'm truely sorry, Isaac Salt :(

Is there a way to get the post back? ID = 20063 in the meantime I'll try and contact the user...

[EDIT] unfortunately he published no email and has no other original posts... Don't like this :(

Martine

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

18 June 2012 at 1:17am

Agreed that there should be a confirmation. Do you want to add some JS and submit a pull request?
https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum/blob/master/templates/Includes/SinglePost.ss#L38
https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum/blob/master/javascript/forum.js