Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

2.3 - Default Language Bug ?

38 Posts   7654 Views

blanchon

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 March 2009 at 4:10am

I can translate pages which are extends sitetree (version 2.3) into the cms with this :

http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3495 =>

Remove or comment line 2258 in function instance_get

Now I try to translate and debug :( pages which are extends page (version 2.3.1-rc2)

Always the same problem / bug

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::getCMSFields() in /home/sophie/www/www.exposeo.loc/cms/code/CMSMain.php on line 380

I (and a lot of users...) hope to see a stable version as soon as possible

Foulensois

Community Member, 13 Posts

19 March 2009 at 6:36am

Hi,

I tested this and it s working but I ve got this error in my admin zone. I can modify pages ...

i18n::enable();
i18n::set_default_lang('fr');
i18n::set_locale('fr_FR');

In /myfolder/admin/

"Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /homez.20/virtuaso/www/mf/sapphire/core/i18n.php on line 859"

In /myfolder/

Fatal error: Class 'i18n' not found in /homez.20/virtuaso/www/mf/cms/lang/fr_FR.php on line 9

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

20 March 2009 at 10:45am

Please guys, we've said it often enough: don't use Translatable in 2.3 yet.
It would be much more productive if you help us test the new Translatable datamodel on trunk,
so we can ensure a stable release of this very soon.
Lars, I'd be particularly interested in your findings with running Translatable (on trunk) with a different default language.

blanchon

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 March 2009 at 9:24pm

it's amazing to develop a new version which is not compatible with this main functionnality :(
we can use now serious admin generator but the application can resolve the translation of my website !!! and now I must change technology for my project

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

20 March 2009 at 9:28pm

@Blanchon : I understand your frustration , but the core-team was pretty clear on that matter; they did not force you to upgrade to 2.3.0.

@Ingo : Agreed , but I can't even properly run a site with Dutch text ; Silverstripe produces the wrong meta-information for the site. In search for a quick hack for that. ;-) I'll make sure to try out the trunk over the next couple of days.

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

21 March 2009 at 12:54am

Hi Ingo RE: "interested in your findings with running Translatable (on trunk)"

I have just checked out the latest version on trunk then enabled i18n:

i18n::enable();
i18n::set_locale('en_GB');
i18n::set_default_lang('en');

I then ran a dev/build and this is what I got:

http://silverstripe.pastebin.com/m64cadc73

Note: Origional installation was on the 17/03/09 daily build. I copied over the cms, sapphire, jparty folder from the latest svn checkout

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

23 March 2009 at 12:11am

Edited: 23/03/2009 12:12am

@Fuzz10: by the wrong metadata do you mean <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="nl-NL"> ? My Dutch site is OK in 2.3.0 just by setting i18n::set_locale('nl_NL'), but only after applying the R72367 changes. That besides the translatable issue, for which I'm waiting patiently :-)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

7 May 2009 at 12:01pm

Hey guys, can you check out 2.3.2 beta1 and see if you still have the problems described above? Please make sure to read the upgrade notes, e.g. i18n::enable() is deprecated.