Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

SilverStripe Mention - Top 10 Most Usable CMS's

Go to End

5 Posts   4424 Views

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

28 August 2009 at 9:10am

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

28 August 2009 at 6:19pm

Hello Hamish,

that sounds great but when ExpressionEngine is No.3 in that benchmark they compared CMS´s that can not be compared. Neather is ExpressionEngine MVC nor is it´s source code documented. Just looking at it´s backend, Silverstripe is far more "useable". Expressionengine´s structure of the frontend does not corelate to the backend´s structure.
For me SilverStripe is No.1 :-)

Best regards

baba-papa

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

3 September 2009 at 4:50pm

Edited: 03/09/2009 4:50pm

It's nice to see Silverstripe show up but I find most of these top 10 lists aggravating.

[rant]
This one doesn't even identify criteria for what "usability" is nor does it do a good job of identifying in what way each project is considered "usable". It also makes the mistake of presenting the projects as almost interchangeable when they are really comparing apples to oranges with some of the choices.

Case in point - Silverstripe has definitely done an excellent job of optimizing the admin for non-technical end users and keeping the — for them — intimidating bits that developers work with hidden. Now that hardly describes Joomla!, at least not in my experience.
[/rant]

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

3 September 2009 at 7:41pm

Yeah, I agree with Joshua here. The blog-post contains a random list of current CMS. There's no actual comparison in terms of usability, I wasn't able to figure out the reason for the ranking either... maybe google fight :)

Funniest thing have to be the comments. Joomla vs. everybody else Flamewar par excellence.

Still good that SilverStripe got some publicity there.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

6 October 2009 at 12:49am

It's amazing how easily flamewars start these days!

I don't fully agree with this list however, largley because Joomla and Drupal are on it... Neither of which represent good usability by any definition.

In fact, I feel dirty having read that, knowing they are on the list *shudder*.