Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

2.3.4?

Go to End

49 Posts   9345 Views

Yakiv

Community Member, 59 Posts

26 October 2009 at 8:27am

willr, thank you for the information you provided. I am eager to be able to use 2.4 stable! :-) When do you think the alpha and beta will be available? 2010 sounds too far off.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 October 2009 at 12:10pm

http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/446f14e53f8b09c7 Suggests the alpha release is coming very soon. But because of the massive amount of changes and updates in 2.4 I would assume the stable won't be around for a few months. 2010 is 2 months away after all :)

Yakiv

26 October 2009 at 10:20pm

Thanks, willr! ...According to the first post in that thread though, based on the date of the post, 2.4.0-alpha1 should have already come out, a week ago. Is it out? Where is it? I would be happy to start working on it, testing it on my localhost as we move through the alpha and beta releases.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 October 2009 at 11:15pm

No it is not out. I'm not sure how you got the it should be last week from. No date is set, if you want to try the functionality out then download a daily build or check out trunk via svn.

Yakiv

26 October 2009 at 11:29pm

"Sam Minnee" on "Oct 10, 8:44 pm" said, "We're going to be giving this functionality further manual testing this week, after which we would like to release a 2.4.0-alpha1, which will contain everything that has gone into trunk since 2.3.0 was released."

So, today is October 26th and 2.4.0-alpha1 should have at least been released the week of October 18th. So, you are saying it is not available. This means it is a week late.

Yakiv

27 October 2009 at 3:11am

Where did "Morven Lewis-Everley" get a copy of 2.4 Apha, that he mentions in this thread?:

http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/28839a9c7c980ec1#

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

27 October 2009 at 3:22am

SVN or daily build.. as willr already pointed out.

Yakiv

27 October 2009 at 3:28am

I can do an SVN or Daily Build, but that is not an official alpha. I don't accept that. I want a package to download or I want a clearly marked alpha in the SVN.