Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Best way to make homepage editable in the CMS?

Go to End

2 Posts   1590 Views

ifusion

Community Member, 1 Post

21 May 2015 at 3:28pm

HI there,

I am new to Silverstripe so am still learning the best way to achieve certain results.

I have the following website (pic that is attached): that I have converted into a silverstripe theme etc. I have setup the front page as a HomePage.ss.

Now I want to be able to edit most parts of the page from the CMS. I have followed this tutorial on this website: http://www.silverstripe.org/learn/lessons/working-with-data-relationships-has-many - and have created a region under the "Articles" heading in the pic.

My question is, is the best way to make parts editable to make them regions like what the video has shown etc? E.g if I wanted to edit the section in the pic that has the picture of the big ring and the text next to it, am I best to make this a region? What about for things like headings etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

22 May 2015 at 3:31am

There are many different ways to achieve what you're asking in terms of layout, it's up to you to decide which is best.
Having sections for different purposes like headings etc is possible, however is generally left up to the HTMLEditor in my experience.