Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help, my site is broken!

Go to End

5 Posts   1503 Views

talknmime

Community Member, 7 Posts

1 March 2010 at 12:28pm

Okay I have no idea what's going on but the site I've been working on is acting all funky. Check it: http://gg2staging.ggiagency.com

The homepage loads fine but trying to click on the About, Experience, Case Studies, and Contact page shows some major issues. Turns out all of these pages are just using the 'Page layout'. The Careers page and Blog work fine as they are using their own specific layouts. Whatever is causing this issue is also preventing me from logging in to the CMS. http://gg2staging.ggiagency.com/admin is also acting all funky and doesn't show the login fields.

Here's what's strange... This site is just a staging site. Our live site is working fine. I figured there must be an issue with the Page.php or Page.ss files but I looked and they're the same exact files as on the live site that works fine. So I'm at a complete loss. I need some suggestions.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

2 March 2010 at 12:35pm

Looks like you've copied your Page template from /templates/ into your Layout folder. What does your /templates/Layout/Page.ss look like?

talknmime

2 March 2010 at 2:45pm

Edited: 02/03/2010 2:46pm

Here's what my /templates/Layout/Page.ss file is:

$Content
$Form
$PageComments

That's all there is. I checked it against the file on the live site and it's the same.

talknmime

6 March 2010 at 6:58am

Anyone have any other ideas?

dhensby

Community Member, 253 Posts

7 March 2010 at 5:21am

It's clearly a templating issue. Your duplicating your global template file as we can see <html> opening tags twice.