Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Page Specific Templates

2 Posts   1028 Views

lenwood

Community Member, 18 Posts

27 March 2010 at 10:16am

Hi All,
I know that this is probably simple to accomplish but the answer is eluding me. How do I create a template that will only be applied to a couple of pages? I'd like for the site to have a couple pages with nothing but an image, no header, no logo, no navigation menu, just an image. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Chris

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 March 2010 at 3:38pm

Well the easiest way is to just make new page types. So the pages which have different layouts would be a different page type to the others. Tutorial 2 covers making new page types.

If you don't want to make separate page types for the layouts you could do something like have a dropdown field on the page in the cms where the user can choose the page template.

<?php

class Page extends SiteTree {

static $db = array(
'Template' => "Enum('One, Two, Three', 'One')"
);

function getCMSFields() {
$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Template', new DropdownField('Template', 'Template', $this->dbObject('Template')->enumValues());

return $fields;
}

That will put the template option in the cms. then in the function init() in that same file you can use $this->renderWith($this->Template) to implement a custom template. Making separate page types is easier.