Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Multilanguage Level1 Template Problem...

Go to End

2 Posts   1568 Views

Ironcheese

Community Member, 36 Posts

27 May 2010 at 9:16am

Hello everyone.

I'm new to SilverStripe. For some days now, i'm trying to solve a multilanguage issue in my templates.

Let me explain:
I'm using for all my Level1 Pages the same template. In this template i have something like a header image which should be the same in its particular section. I did this with the "Level(1).URLSegment" and it worked great in one language! But as soon I change the language the URL changes aswell and my image src breaks.

What I need is a function which returns the Level1 URLSegment of my default Language. Which would be "en_US" in my case.
So for example: There is a "service" Section in which are pages like Contact, Imprint, Sitemap and so on. The function should return always "service" in this section regardless of the current selected Language. I need the “MasterTranslationID”, or better: the URLSegment of the MasterPage.

I have rudimentary knowledge of PHP and OOP and I think the solution is somewhere around "Translatable::getTranslationGroupID" function. But i lack the deeper insight to connect all this into a working function. :S

I hope you understand my english and - more important: my problem :D

Thanks in advance.
You people here are doing an incredible job, i learned so much from this forum already =)

cheers,
Alex

Ironcheese

Community Member, 36 Posts

28 May 2010 at 6:20am

Hey folks,

i finally managed to solve this specific problem :D

public function getEnglishMasterPage(){

$mypage = DataObject::get_by_id('SiteTree', Translatable::getTranslationGroup());

if($this->URLSegment != 'Security'){
			return $mypage->Level(1)->URLSegment;
		}else{
			return 'service';
		}

}

The if statement is in there because without the site breaks when accessing the login page. Not sure why though.