Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

[Solved] Remove Login/logout from main menu

7 Posts   1449 Views

GibMo

Community Member, 17 Posts

12 September 2010 at 10:08pm

Edited: 28/09/2010 5:43am

By default the website login/logout button for the website is positioned in the main menu. Is it possible to remove this button from this menu and put it in a separate sitewide menu containing buttons like contact/disclaimer/ etc?

I am using the ssdropdown menu and the tutorial template

3dgoo

Community Member, 133 Posts

15 September 2010 at 1:45pm

You could do this by putting the same Login/Logout links in your Navigation.ss

GibMo

17 September 2010 at 8:15am

Txz for your repsons ampedup.

But that will not help getting rid of the log in / log out button on the main menu. I think I need something I can put in the _config.php. Just like you do when you want to remove a tab in the CMS
i.e. CMSMenu::remove_menu_item('SecurityAdmin');

But i am just a front end developer so I really do not know..

3dgoo

17 September 2010 at 11:36am

If you are talking about the bottom bar in this image:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/tutorial:1-building-a-basic-site#try_it

Then this is removed by removing $SilverStripeNavigator from the Page.ss template.

This is described here:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/tutorial:1-building-a-basic-site#templates

GibMo

17 September 2010 at 6:45pm

I really mean the navigation for my main menu. Somehow in this menu there is a item to log in as a member of a certain Security group. It is fine there is a link on my site for user to log in. But I do not want it in my main menu.

For reference I added a screenshot after logging in with my default Admin account. As you can see there are 2 buttons on the right ofr the menu: "Admin" and "Log out". Before logging in only "Log in" is displayed.

3dgoo

21 September 2010 at 2:55pm

There is probably something in your Navigation.ss or Page.ss (depending on where the main menu navigation code is) bringing up those items.

Have a look in there and see if it is there, or paste the code of you want us to have a look.

GibMo

21 September 2010 at 7:05pm

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Ampedup!

It was in the MenuSmooth.ss.