Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

$Top.Function(param) possible in a control loop

4 Posts   1313 Views

abyss

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 December 2010 at 10:02am

Edited: 09/12/2010 10:28am

Hi,

is the following possible in a template using $Top and control loops?

I have two functions in my controler (extends Page_Controler).

getAlbumImages() ... returns a DataObject with all images contained in folder: assets/images/
getAlbumTitle($imageFile) ... should return a image description from the image filename
(XX_image_description_in_file.ext ==> image description in file)

In my template I use something like:

<% if getAlbumImages %>
<% control getAlbumImages %>
<a href="$URL" rel="album" title="$Title">$SetRatioSize(150,150)</a>
<% end_control %>
<% end_if %>

Is there any chance to use something like this instead:

<a href="$URL" rel="album" title="$Top.getAlbumTitle($Title)">$SetRatioSize(150,150)</a>

So far everything works fine, I just would like to have the image title (XX_my_image_title.jpg more clean ==> my image title).

If the template thingy doesn´t work, what else could I do?

Cheers

abyss

9 December 2010 at 10:33am

Edited: 09/12/2010 10:39am

Hi,

thanks to [url=http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/rotating-and-greyscaling-images-using-gd-and-decorators/]Arams great blog[/url], I found the answer to my problem:
Just added a Decorator for the Image Class (as shown in Arams blog), which allows me to use this in my template:

<a href="$URL" rel="album" title="$getImageDescription">$SetRatioSize(150,150)</a>

Amazing, about 20 lines of code for a simple gallery, which creates thumbnails from all images located in a specified assets folder including a nice jQuery Colorbox animation for the full image size.

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

9 December 2010 at 4:33pm

Also FYI to anyone wondering

$Top.getAlbumTitle($Title)

Won't work. You cannot as of 2.4 pass variables (ie $Foo) into the method or function. It has to be a static value e.g '2'.

abyss

9 December 2010 at 7:04pm

Hi Willr,

already expected something like this, as I haven't found any code around which uses this "technique" :-)
So thanks for your answer, highly appreciated.

Cheers