Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to organize/connect/link?

Go to End

wilsonStaff

Community Member, 143 Posts

6 January 2011 at 8:02am

Hi guys, i am steep learning SS and honestly, it goes better than i thought it would. Ive had help form a mentor (which i thank) but i am submitting this to everyone as i want to have opinions.

Look a the pic below. It describes better than words what i am after.

SOME GUIDANCE:
- each gray button calls different content (that the end user would have to be able to modify - hello $Content)
- each gray button is within an included MenuGrisNeuf.ss file into the main NEUF.PHP page
- each gray button is within <ul< and <li> and is using <a href" to call other .PHP pages OR $content ( i dont know, you tell me!)
- when called, the appropriate .PHP page OR the appropriate $Content has to be showned into the <div id="content"> on the main NEUF.PHP page

QUESTION:
- is it the right way to go? If so, how to CALL .PHP pages that will SHOW WITHIN the <div id="content"> ????
- i could also insert a precisely located <div> into each appropriate .PHP and forget about <div id="content">
OR

- should i rather have only one sub-page to NEUF.PHP that will have different $Content areas that the end user will be able to modify?

Thanks for helping!

Attached Files