Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

OH No, My site has disappeared :0

3 Posts   725 Views

ambient

Community Member, 123 Posts

19 April 2011 at 6:22am

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Hi to all in the Silverstripe community :)

I am new here but so far loving what I see. My php skills are not great at all but i do my best to get by.

i have been working my way through the tutorials and when i got to Tutorial 4 - Site Search and entered:

FulltextSearchable::enable();

into my _config.php and uploaded it all I get is the above error. I can't access the site, admin or dev/build.

I searched for possible solutions and all i got was either reinstall or delete the silverstripe-cache folder. I haven't tried either as i was hoping someone might have a solid answer and maybe an explanation as to what i may have done wrong.

I realise reinstalling wouldn't be the end of the world as I'm only at the tutorial level but what if this happens when I have a site up?

Anyway any help would be much appreciated.

p.s. this is what my _config.php file looks like

<?php

global $project;
$project = 'mysite';

global $database;
$database = '';

require_once('conf/ConfigureFromEnv.php');

MySQLDatabase::set_connection_charset('utf8');

// This line set's the current theme. More themes can be
// downloaded from http://www.silverstripe.org/themes/
SSViewer::set_theme('blackcandy');

// enable nested URLs for this site (e.g. page/sub-page/)
SiteTree::enable_nested_urls();

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

19 April 2011 at 6:46am

Edited: 19/04/2011 6:46am

Maybe I got this all wrong, but it looks like you uploaded the original mysite/_config.php file. On first install, SilverStripe adds a number of settings to this file, including the details for your database connection, that now seem to be lost ($database = ''; ).

So to change the config file, you need to use the one on your server, containing all the changes. It's always a good idea to download it immediately after installation.

At this point I would probably just reinstall. This is not likely to happen on your live site again :-)

ambient

Community Member, 123 Posts

19 April 2011 at 7:13am

Thank you so much martimiz :)

An amateur mistake no doubt. In hindsight I should have downloaded the whole site after install.

I changed to _config.php to below and I seem to be back up and running. Hopefully I'm not missing anything from the file that will matter later.

Thanks again dude, you're a star ;)

<?php

global $project;
$project = 'mysite';

global $databaseConfig;
$databaseConfig = array(
"type" => "MySQLDatabase",
"server" => "localhost",
"username" => "************",
"password" => "**************",
"database" => "***************",
);

require_once('conf/ConfigureFromEnv.php');

MySQLDatabase::set_connection_charset('utf8');

// This line set's the current theme. More themes can be
// downloaded from http://www.silverstripe.org/themes/
SSViewer::set_theme('tutorial');

// enable nested URLs for this site (e.g. page/sub-page/)
SiteTree::enable_nested_urls();