Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Pages created in the CMS have completely stopped working

Go to End

2 Posts   1464 Views

electronic-womble

Community Member, 7 Posts

28 May 2011 at 9:17pm

I am totally lost on this one, as it seems to me inexplicable.

I have a hierachy of pagetypes: ImagesPages which must be children of ImagesPageHolders. Having created one fully functioning section (ImagesHolderPage with URLsegment 'print', then two child ImagesPages) I created a new ImagesPageHolder, with the URLsegment 'web'. I then created two child ImagesPages for the 'web' section. They are all published, with content, and I can see no reason why they shouldn't display.

But whether I click the CMS link to 'Published Site' or directly type the URL into the browser, I simply get the 404 page - no content whatsoever.

Perhaps a symptom of the problem is also that a Menu(1) on the homepage has nothing but empty href attributes in the links.

This is infuriating! What is going on?! Have I just missed something stupid? Any ideas?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

28 May 2011 at 10:56pm

That would mean there is definitely something wrong with the URLSegments of your pages. Can you check the SiteTree and/or SiteTree_Live tables in your database and see what the URLSegment says for your pages?