Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Escaping values in a JavaScript string

5 Posts   2056 Views

mattupstate

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 June 2011 at 7:50am

Edited: 07/06/2011 7:52am

So I've been using the HTML5 boilerplate project as a foundation for my page templates. At the bottom of the main page template I have the following markup:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.js"></script>
<script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="$ThemeDir/js/libs/jquery-1.5.1.min.js">\x3C/script>')</script>

The problem I'm experiencing is the value \x3C/script> in the 2nd line is being converted to </script>. I believe this is being done by the SilverStripe template engine.

Is there a way to prevent this conversion from happening so that it remains as \x3C/script>?

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 109 Posts

7 June 2011 at 8:45am

I hit the very same problem today...have been chasing down a fix. Once I find one I will pass it along...and I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you find one before me.

Terry Apodaca

7 June 2011 at 9:22am

I went back to using the original unescaped version: "%3E%3C/script%3E" instead of "\x3C/script>"

I believe the new way H5BP is being converted to a normal PHP string...so try the old way like I did or try to find a different escaping method.

mattupstate

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 June 2011 at 9:24am

Just discovered putting an additional slash in did the trick as well

\\x3C/script>

Terry Apodaca

7 June 2011 at 9:44am

yep....