Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

embedding PDFs

2 Posts   715 Views

mirakelsey

Community Member, 9 Posts

28 June 2011 at 9:21am

Hey all, I'm trying to wrap up coding for the resources in the site I'm working on, and I just need a push in the right direction.

I'm building a portfolio site for a writer. The idea is that one page is a list of articles, stories, etc she has written, and when you click on a link it takes you to a new page, still within the site, but with the pdf of said article embedded within the content area (underneath its title). I want to avoid using third-party tools like Scribd for this, so my client can upload everything on her site and not elsewhere.

So my question is, is it possible to embed a PDF into the content of the page, and if so how do I code that into a resources template?

(sorry if my explanation sounds garbled. I've attached mock layout sketches to help with that.)

Attached Files
Invader_Zim

Community Member, 141 Posts

28 June 2011 at 8:27pm

Hi.

Maybe this is what you are looking for: [url=http://pdfobject.com/]PDFObject[/url]
From their site: "PDFObject is an easy-to-use method for dynamically embedding PDF files into HTML documents. It uses JavaScript to generate and inject a standards-friendly... bla bla"

I've never used it (and I'm not related in any way with PDFObject), so I don't know how hard it will be to integrate that thing into a SilverStripe installation.

Cheers
Christian