Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Customizing Menu

2 Posts   844 Views

PeWa

Community Member, 1 Post

5 June 2012 at 7:55am

Hi all,

I'm not firm with Silverstripe and I want to place a sub in a sidebar with the following properties:

First If the submenu will NOT be displayed when the parent page has the ID = 11.

Second I wish that I just at this submenu the first of several <li> tags deposited in the CLASS attribute "firstItem".
So I could in fact represent the sub-menu with dashes between the menu items:

MP1 | MP2 | MP3 | MP4 etc. ..

Can you give me one probably a tip?

best regards
Peter

3dgoo

Community Member, 133 Posts

6 June 2012 at 12:49pm

Edited: 06/06/2012 12:50pm

<% if Menu(2) %>
<% if ID != 11 %>
   <ul class="subNavigation">
      <% control Menu(2) %>
         <li class="liSubNavigation $LinkingMode $FirstLast">
            <a href="$Link" title="Go to the $Title.XML page" class="aSubNavigation $LinkingMode $FirstLast">$MenuTitle.XML</a> <% if Last %><% else %> | <% end if %>
         </li>
      <% end_control %>
   </ul>
<% end_if %>
<% end_if %>

There are a few parts to explain.

We check if the current page id is not equal to 11:

<% if ID != 11 %>
<% end_if %>

We add the property $FirstLast to the class of the <li>/<a> which returns first or last if either of these cases are true. Note, this will make the class first, not firstItem as requested.
http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/built-in-page-controls#and-lt-if-first-and-gt-and-lt-if-last-and-gt-and-lt-if-middle-and-gt-firstlast

We add the dash by doing an if else on the last item like so:

<% if Last %><% else %> | <% end if %>

Hope this gives you what you want or at least the tools to start playing around to do what you want.