Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

What is the directory priority for templates?

3 Posts   452 Views

mattdwen

Community Member, 12 Posts

14 February 2014 at 5:58pm

Edited: 14/02/2014 5:59pm

I have the following structure in a custom theme:
- src
- src/templates
- templates

The /src/templates are compiled into the /templates dir using Grunt. However the files from /src/templates are actually the files which get loaded.

I thought it may be parsing the folders alphabetically, so I renamed src to zzz, run a flush=all, and still the template from zzz/templates was the file loaded.

It wasn't until I renamed zzz/templates to zzz/nottemplates that the correct templates/Page.ss was loaded.

Why are sub folders checked for template directories? Surely this a reasonable performance hit checking every subfolder except the real templates for it's own templates directory?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 February 2014 at 10:38pm

Why are sub folders checked for template directories? Surely this a reasonable performance hit checking every subfolder except the real templates for it's own templates directory?

As it's part of the manifest, it's only a performance hit on flush. If you include a _manifest_exclude_ file in src/templates that should get it ignored.

mattdwen

Community Member, 12 Posts

20 February 2014 at 1:23pm

Thanks Willr, I had to remove the trailing _ but it worked a treat, cheers :)