Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Include contents of html-file choosen from FileFrameField in backend

3 Posts   1481 Views

jacobsjensen

Community Member, 20 Posts

29 January 2009 at 10:03am

Hi,

I've created a new page type called IncludeHTML. In this pagetype I've added a File field, and a CMSfield of the type FileFrameField.
This allows me to choose a html-file uploaded to the assests folder or upload one from my computer.
My goal now is to get the contents of this html-file included in my IncludeHTML-template (IncludeHTML.ss) wherever I choose to put it. As an example $IncludeHTML ... should output the source code from the html-file chosen in the backend. This would ease my work load when including image maps etc.

Any ideas on how to get this done in a neat way?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

29 January 2009 at 10:34am

Could probably just do

function IncludeHTML()
{
return file_get_contents(Director::baseFolder().'/'.$this->MyFileField()->Filename);
}

jacobsjensen

Community Member, 20 Posts

29 January 2009 at 10:44am

Edited: 29/01/2009 10:45am

Hi, thank you for a rapid reply!
Should I use <% includeHTML %> in the .ss file?
Could you place the right MyFileField etc. in the code below for me (I'm new to all this!!)

<?php
/**
* Defines the InkluderPage page type
*/
class InkluderPage extends Page {
static $db = array(
);

static $has_one = array(
'FileInclude' => 'File'
);

function getCMSFields() {
    $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
    $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Inkluder", new FileIFrameField("FileInclude"));

return $fields;
   }

}

class InkluderPage_Controller extends Page_Controller {
   function IncludeHTML()
      {
      return file_get_contents(Director::baseFolder().'/'.$this->MyFileField()->Filename);
      }
}
?>