Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions

Drop Down menus in silverstripe

2 Posts   1430 Views

dreamstudio

12 March 2009 at 2:33am Community Member, 48 Posts

We have a client who has a site design with a top and a side navigation. They are done as graphics and when the user rolls the mouse over that image it has a css ( or dhtml ) drop down list of pages under that section? .. is this possible in silverstripe and where should I look to add the code to do this.

Also taking it a stage further.. is it possible to have navigation that is graphical buttons and then when they rollover it just drops down a list of the pages under that section as text BUT its pulled from the page tree in silverstripe so if they add a page it automatically updates the drop downs?

Aram

13 March 2009 at 12:21am Community Member, 598 Posts

Hi dreamstudio

This is perfectly possible, you just need to create the correct HTML structure in your template in very much the same way as you do with the regular menu.

I don't have a dropdown example at hand but I would recommend you first get it working as a static page and then just use <% control menu(2) %> or similar to build it dynamically.

Hope that helps, if you have a particular example you would like me to help with just post it :)