Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

<% require %> custom CSS

Go to End

14 Posts   4494 Views

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

23 April 2009 at 11:51am

am I missing something here....doesn't the customCSS requirement just stick it in the <head> section of the page anyway??

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

23 April 2009 at 3:19pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is. Requirements will always put them in the right place.

Adding requirements from the template is a relatively new feature. You could add a feature request for more power in the customCSS method, at [url]http://open.silverstripe.com[/url], or just do the old way (adding it to your page class).

chrisdarl

Community Member, 33 Posts

23 April 2009 at 7:39pm

Because the <% require %> feature isn't allowing me to reference a variable inside it?

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

23 April 2009 at 10:16pm

function init() {

parent::init();

Requirements::customCSS( "background : url(" . $this->LeftBlock2_Image()->URL . ");");

}

Thats off the top of my head so the syntax may be slightly different but you get the idea.

chrisdarl

24 April 2009 at 10:31am

Thanks Aram for all your help - it's really appreciated!

I'll give that a go and post the code I succeed with (well hopefully)

chrisdarl

27 April 2009 at 6:12am

I got this working by using Arams suggestion. I put the following code inside the init function of my Page_Controller

if($this->TopImage()->ID) {
   Requirements::customCSS(".top-image { background : url(".$this->TopImage()->URL.") no-repeat !important; height : ".$this->TopImage()->getHeight()."px !important; }");
}

Thanks for helping Aram and Hamish

Go to Top