Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

dev mode caching? issue for 404 Page (Page Type Error Page)

5 Posts   1375 Views

Nils73

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 May 2009 at 4:10am

Hello folks,

I recently deployed a Silverstripe website. Everything is fine so far, but the <% base_tag %> - Control isn't working properly for my 404 page. It always prints out the url of my develop-system!? If I use the command echo Director::absoluteBaseURL() directly (within the Controller class), I get the right information. I also get the right information, when I run the site in dev mode, it's working perfect and printing the right url. Of course I don't want to run the page in dev mode ...

So my question is, why is there a different output of the <% base_tag %> - Control depending on dev mode? What can I do to get the right output for 404 when dev mode is deactived?

Any hints?

Nils

Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

13 May 2009 at 10:04pm

So you are saying on a live server , the Base_Tag spits out your development system URL ? Weird ? AFAIK , this URL is completely dynamic.

What does your .htaccess look like ?

Nils73

13 May 2009 at 10:31pm

yep, really weird, and only for page type Error Page!

Despite of some php5 initialization .htaccess is standard:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
<Files *.ss>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Files>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !html*
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !_ts_temp*

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif)|(\.jpg)|(\.png)|(\.css)|(\.js)|(\.php)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
</IfModule>
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 May 2009 at 12:14pm

The 404 page is generated in the Assets Section (so it can display without hitting the DB if necessary). If you have moved the site from dev -> live this file was probably copied and not remade. To regenerate it delete the 404.html file from assets/ if you have one. Hopefully this is the only issue!

Nils73

16 May 2009 at 1:05am

Thanks for the hint. Deleting didn't work, but knowing where to look, we simply changed the basepath there :).