Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

tutorial 2 - stafholder problem

3 Posts   1479 Views

SLR547

Community Member, 5 Posts

8 June 2009 at 2:30pm

Hi there,
I am new to SS but not web dev.
I hav a little problem grown big!! :)
Info:
SilverStripe v 2.3.1
Apache 2.2.9
PHP 5.2.6
MySQL 5.0.51
Win XP

tutorial 1 went fine.
in tutorial 2 upto RSS all went fine.
But when I did all with Staff and StaffHolder and tried to see results I fot this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\silverstripe-cacheC--Program-Files-Apache-Software-Foundation-Apache2.2-htdocs-silverstripe\.cacheC..Program Files.Apache Software Foundation.Apache2.2.htdocs.silverstripe.themes.tutorial.templates.Layout.StaffHolder.ss on line 58

i had dev/build my db.
i have restarted my system.

ne suggetions..????
thanks in advance.

STILL, I AM LOVING SS !!! :)

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

8 June 2009 at 3:48pm

Hello,

Can you upload your StaffHolder.ss file? This may assist in troubleshooting your issue.

Cheers,

Gary

SLR547

Community Member, 5 Posts

9 June 2009 at 4:00pm

yes gakenny ..........
i would upload it in a few hours.
actually i dont have a internet at my home, so have to come to a cafe.
btw let me furnish some more information:

NEW PROBLEM:
The article part as in tutorial 1 which used to work correctly in now giving a similar error.

WHAT I DID:
I actually deleted the silverstripe folder in the windows\temp directory and thought that it would be recreated as it was not apart of the instllation and were basically catched files.
When I restarted the system and logged into the CMS the folder was recreated and all the pages worked fine EXCEPT the staff related pages and the sub-article page. however the main article page which is of ArticleHolder Page type still works fine.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS:
After posting the first post I also found that my php_mcrypt.dll didnt seem to load as it didnt appear in phpinfo but now it seems to load as the infois displaying.
However the initial problems still persists