Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

A from scratch CSS based template - SS Menu How to Question!

Go to End

2 Posts   3577 Views

aidanodr

Community Member, 13 Posts

24 June 2009 at 5:55am

Hi Guys,

Its a start, but getting their slowly:

http://www.netactivesolutions.net/stripe/

Im doodling with the look, so far from complete and will change.

So here is my question - I find that the help lacks in discussing menu systems, particularly out side the normal horizontal top menu and the sub menu down left. As you can see I have a green panel on the left - Just wondering how would one add an SS VERTICAL menu on top of that?

And even better :D - how would one make it either as a pop out OR a tree type menu?

I notice in Arams tute ( http://www.ssbits.com/building-a-theme-from-a-static-template/ ) he mentions a SilverStripe control loop for the menu:

<% control Menu(1) %>

<li>
<a class="$LinkingMode" href="$Link" title="Go to $Title">$MenuTitle</a>
</li>

<% end_control %>

Is this applicable to a left side vertical menu?

Go easy on me - my PHP knowledge is near zero. I realise one has to use CSS to style, but how could one "control loop" the menu as it might be added to / changed over time?

Cheers
Aidan

aidanodr

Community Member, 13 Posts

24 June 2009 at 6:03am

OK,

It seems I may have answered this myself - I added the above code INSIDE my "sidebarBox" DIVs. Just checking - am I on the right track?

However I am still at odds with the sub menu solution. I have 6 sub menu items under the SERVICE menu item. Either a pop out or a tree type solution? How would one do this? I assume more PHP than above is required? Another IF statement??

Cheers
Aidan