Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Iterate over Children that are not shown in the Menu

4 Posts   2466 Views

Andre

Community Member, 126 Posts

12 August 2009 at 10:42pm

Hi, I have a Page with lots of first level Children. The Page is iterating over all its children to show a small Teaser an a link (like the Staffmembers Tutorial).My Problem now is, that I don't want these Children to be shown in the Menu (only if its definitivly switched on). So all Children are by default "ShowInMenus" => 0.

But, if I use <% control Children %> in my template only those Children are taken which are aktivated to be shown in the menu.

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

12 August 2009 at 11:34pm

If I understand you correctly:

<% control AllChildren %>

See http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

Andre

Community Member, 126 Posts

13 August 2009 at 1:13am

That is exactly what i was looking for, many thanks.

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 171 Posts

3 September 2009 at 2:40pm

I have a similar problem but a bit more complicated I think,

I have a holder page with articles and I am showing a teaser for the articles on the holder page. The articles however are only fully accessible when a user signs up and is logged in. I have set the access of the individual articles to "Logged-in users".
The problem I have is that when I am NOT logged in the holder page will not show the teasers for the articles at all (assuming because the are bound by the access rule)

Is there a way to have a holder page display its children pages even if they are locked by the security methods?

At first I though the <% control AllChildren %> method above would work but it appears that only works for pages not shown in the menu system.

Will I need to perhaps write an action in the Holder page's controller to achieve this?