Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Help: admin stylesheets interfering with the theme CSS

4 Posts   1812 Views

jailja

Community Member, 7 Posts

7 November 2009 at 7:20am

Is it possible to keep SS admin stylesheets from interfering with the theme CSS?

I have some painfull problems with current CSS, because SS inherits some of the CSS from /cms/css/typography.css and /cms/css/layout.css. I Wouldnt want to start tweaking those admin stylesheets, because I am pretty sure it will end badly.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

7 November 2009 at 9:52am

This is because your page.ss file or your Page.php file has the lines <% require typography.css %> or Requirements::css('typography.css'). By require it looks in your theme, if those files don't exist in your theme then it pulls the files from a module (eg the cms module).

To not include a typography.css file just open up themes/yourtheme/templates/Page.ss or mysite/code/Page.php and remove the specific Requirements call which is including typography.

As an aside if you're wondering why a link to a css file is defined in 2 places, it is for legacy reasons as earlier versions didn't have the template <% require %> tag.

jailja

Community Member, 7 Posts

8 November 2009 at 12:32am

Thanks for the tip! That worked. :)

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

12 November 2009 at 1:53pm

Edited: 12/11/2009 1:55pm

I'm having this same problem, except the include tags ARE removed. The CMS css files still get attached. What gives?

--

Update: never mind :)