Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Own Theme, Login not Working

6 Posts   2004 Views

patrick_fraley

Community Member, 1 Post

14 February 2010 at 4:51am

Hi all,

I am pretty new to SilverStripe. I converted my own HTML Template to a set of SilverStripe Templates. So far it was pretty easy.

Now I did encounter one problem. When I call the admin page I get the Login form, but when I enter my credentials and click login I get redirected to an empty page and when I open the admin page again, I am asked again to login.

What did I forget to do in my Templates, so that login will work?

Here is the Site:

http://fde-ss.secure.homelinux.net/

blinder

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 February 2010 at 10:17am

i'm seeing the same exact thing and the problem is that the action attribute for the form tag is:

Security/LoginForm

(notice the missing leading slash)

now... i tried in my Layouts/Page.ss to include: $LoginForm -- which fixes this (the action attribute is: /Security/LoginForm), but has the very bad side effect of including the login form on every single page (very bad)

i'm wondering if this is a bug?

blinder

Community Member, 2 Posts

15 February 2010 at 10:43am

so i came up with a hack-ish "fix" for this. In my: [theme]/Layout/Page.ss i have this little snippet of code:

<% if URLSegment == Security %>
$LoginForm
<% end_if %>

Basically this uses the $LoginForm (which has the correct form action attribute) but will only include that on the Security/login page. Not great, and i'm sure the silverstripe folks will have something significantly better than this, but it got me around the problem.

wfrostfire

Community Member, 1 Post

5 March 2010 at 1:56am

got the same problem. blinder's fix works like a charm :3

Tobi Oetiker

Community Member, 6 Posts

16 April 2010 at 11:35pm

Make sure you have {$Content}{$Form} in your Layout/Page.ss and not only {$Content}.

cheers
tobi

matt.saddington

Community Member, 1 Post

4 February 2011 at 1:28pm

Thanks, for that hack really helped alot. Im assuming its a silverstripe bug, with the link generation having issues when the theme is changed.