Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Themes not working in 2.4?

Go to End

10 Posts   6216 Views

merrick_sd

Community Member, 99 Posts

28 May 2010 at 8:17pm

I get ...Generated with the default ContentController.ss template when i load my site.

I have this is mysite _config.php

// This line set's the current theme. More themes can be
// downloaded from http://www.silverstripe.org/themes/

SSViewer::set_theme("greyhash");

and i have the my theme folder called greyhash in themes

First time i used 2.4 ..so maybe setup method has changed regarding themes?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 May 2010 at 2:44pm

Have you run a ?flush=1?? Also make sure themes/greyhash/templates/Page.ss exists and no case sensitivity issues

jr57k

Community Member, 1 Post

2 June 2010 at 3:15am

Edited: 02/06/2010 3:15am

I had the same exact problem. The only fix I've found is to download 2.3.7!

All in all as a new "user" I see tons of promise but between the "things not working as advertised" and the removal of most of the documentation with the 2.4 update (still pending updates) I'm not sure SilverStripe is viable at the moment. Having said that I've had great luck with 2.3.7 and may continue to use that version.

Willr

2 June 2010 at 10:37am

removal of most of the documentation

Most of the documentation is still in the wiki. We took the time (specifically Ingo took the time) to upgrade the wiki to a new version of docwiki which has a new URL Structure. Old documentation links probably don't work but if you do a search you should find the page.

The few pages which have been removed are either out of date or duplicates and the content has been tidied up. If content has been moved you should see a link to the new location.

Another note to check for the line SSViewer::set_theme("greyhash"); make sure the speech marks are copied off the wiki, does some weird encoding so pays to rewrite it rather than copy. Check your webserver also has read permissions for the themes/greyhash and themes/greyhash/templates/Page.ss folders/files.

~Jaguar

Community Member, 1 Post

14 June 2010 at 12:40pm

I seem to be having the same issue, but have a little more information.

Receiving the same problem when I actually have tried to install and use a new theme on Silverstripe 2.4.

At the bottom of the page I get the same line: "Generated with the default ContentController.ss template"

However it does appear to recognise the colour schemes from the layout.css file. What it doesn't appear to be accessing is the Page.ss file.

What I did, though, was remove Silverstripe from my site completely and then reupload it, which (by accident more than plan) also included the themes I had downloaded from the Silverstripe site during the installation process. These two themes now work as they are supposed to when I switch to them, however a newly uploaded theme gets me the same problem as mentioned above.

Obviously it's not viable to actually be deleting and reinstalling the CMS to my site if/when I ever want to change themes, or test the template I'm working on by myself, so am I missing anything here?

I have tried the "?flush=1" and it doesn't actually fix the issue.
I have tried adjusting the SSViewer::set_theme line manually, and this does not fix the issue either.

Cheers in advance,
~J

MarioSommereder

Community Member, 107 Posts

16 June 2010 at 11:03pm

I had the same issue unless I changed the theme name from "theme_2010" to "theme2010".

Are there any restrictions for the theme name, like "no underscores" or "not only numbers"?

If so, wouldn't it be nice to write it as a comment to the "mysite/_config.php"?

Willr

17 June 2010 at 11:08am

You can't have a underscore in a theme name as this symbolizes a subtheme rather than a theme. Eg a theme called 'theme_2010' would be the theme 'theme' for the '2010' module.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/themes:developing#getting_started_-_folder_structure

didelco

Community Member, 1 Post

20 June 2010 at 12:02am

I am a new user, I am looking for a CMS configurable, silverStripe look good, but problems like that make me that I take another options.
It is really a pity and I only comment that because I would like that you know that sure there are a lot of users like me, If you want make a great cms the first step is basic functions work perfectly and easy.

I think is very complex thinks like install themes or extensions, this thinks make a better learning curve.

Go to Top