Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Weird problem

5 Posts   1265 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

21 June 2010 at 6:17pm

I just changed the theme to one which I developed and had these things showing up on the top of the page:

calls without an existing one // to avoid confusion when using the include in different contexts. // Entities without a namespace are deprecated, but widely used. $content = ereg_replace('<' . '% +_t\((\'([^\.\']*)\'|"([^\."]*)")(([^)]|\)[^ ]|\) +[^% ])*)\) +%' . '>', '
$MenuTitle.XML
calls without an existing one // to avoid confusion when using the include in different contexts. // Entities without a namespace are deprecated, but widely used. $content = ereg_replace('<' . '% +_t\((\'([^\.\']*)\'|"([^\."]*)")(([^)]|\)[^ ]|\) +[^% ])*)\) +%' . '>', '
Copyright © 20010
calls without an existing one // to avoid confusion when using the include in different contexts. // Entities without a namespace are deprecated, but widely used. $content = ereg_replace('<' . '% +_t\((\'([^\.\']*)\'|"([^\."]*)")(([^)]|\)[^ ]|\) +[^% ])*)\) +%' . '>', ' $Page(SidebarImages).Content
$TITLE
$MenuTitle.XML
$MenuTitle.XML
$MenuTitle.XML
CALENDAR
LINKS
$Page(SidebarLinks).Content
$Breadcrumbs

Here are some visuals to help you picture it out:

View in a browser

Upclose

In the CMS

Hope someone is familiar and can help out. Thanks! :)

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

22 June 2010 at 4:36pm

any ideas guys? :)

bump!

tazzydemon

Community Member, 124 Posts

19 August 2010 at 2:03pm

I too had this when using the Global Theme on SS 2.4 I have also had it on a dev site.

The problem seems to be this code in SSViewer.php

$content = file_get_contents(SSViewer::getTemplateFile($identifier));

// $content = "<!-- getTemplateContent() :: identifier: $identifier -->". $content;
      // Adds an i18n namespace to all <% _t(...) %> calls without an existing one
      // to avoid confusion when using the include in different contexts.
      // Entities without a namespace are deprecated, but widely used.

For some reason when choosing anything other than the default theme in the 2.4 admin the commented code is splatted all over the output. A temporary solution is to remove the commented code entirely.

Julian

tazzydemon

Community Member, 124 Posts

19 August 2010 at 2:07pm

I forgot to mention that I also got it over the freshly installed admin until the first refresh - then it went away. Very odd.

I was using apache fcgid at the time and have since changed back to mod_php where the page error occurs

Johann

Community Member, 4 Posts

7 September 2010 at 3:36am

Edited: 07/09/2010 4:16am

My proposal for this problem (which also happend on my site running on gomain*go / PHP 5.2.11):

- has nothing to do with different themes,
- in sapphire/core/SSViewer.php you need to change the leading // of the command block starting at line 317 (V2.4.1) into something :

/* $content = "<!-- getTemplateContent() :: identifier: $identifier -->". $content;
* Adds an i18n namespace to all <% _t(...) %> calls without an existing one
* to avoid confusion when using the include in different contexts.
* Entities without a namespace are deprecated, but widely used.
*/

$content = ereg_replace('<' . '% +_t\((\'([^\.\']*)\'|"([^\."]*)")(([^)]|\)[^ ]|\) +[^% ])*)\) +%' . '>', '<?= _t(\''. $identifier . '.ss' . '.\\2\\3\'\\4) ?>', $content);

looks like the <% %> symbols can't be mixed with comment blocks indicated by a leading //!

- I would like to ask silverstripe core developers, to change the code accordingly please.

- in addition, one might like to add the following into mysite/_config.php for a productive site:

// Director::set_environment_type('live');

error_reporting(E_ERROR);
ini_set('display_errors', '0');

Anyone knows, how to configure PHP to prevent this behavior maybe?