Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Dark CMS?

3 Posts   1061 Views

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

10 March 2011 at 3:21pm

Hi everyone,

First off; new to the community. Loving Silverstripe, so far it's been very easy to start learning. Almost no learning curve really.

Now, I'm just about done my first theme, however I run dark themes on my website. As suggested in the Silverstripe book I have begun to establish an override css for the CMS in /mysite/css - however picking apart the backend interface is time consuming considering I basically have to flip every color in the scheme. I was was therefore wondering if anyone has had to create an override css file for this same purpose before that I might get a copy of for a starting point. That way I can save a lot of time by just fine tuning a few colors.

Do any of the themes in the download area have a css file like that included?

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

11 March 2011 at 1:21am

Edited: 11/03/2011 1:22am

Hi Routh!
I usually just add a light colored background to editor.css if I am using a dark background and can't see the content in the cms.

body.mceContentBody {
background:#FFFFFF;
}

And you're absolutely right about SS. The learning curve is way lower than any other cms I tried.

HB

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

11 March 2011 at 2:00am

Perfect! I hadn't found that class in any documentation yet. It's really all I need, this way I can leave the CMS coloring alone.