Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Where to place jQuery-UI theme & how to link to it properly.

3 Posts   2013 Views

vwd

Community Member, 160 Posts

7 April 2011 at 10:01pm

Hi,

I am using a jQuery UI theme for the SS theme/template that I'm developing.

Where would be the best place to locate the jQuery UI theme files? I currently have it in a folder (jquery-ui-theme/) in my theme's folder. And I'm linking to it using:

Requirements::css('themes/mytheme/jquery-ui-theme/vader/jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.css');

This doesn't seem to be the best approach - I feel that it would be better to programatically select the theme, not hardcode it... How do I use THEME_PATH or something like that? It doesn't seem to like it when I try...

Requirements::css(THEMES_DIR . '/' . self::$theme . '/jquery-ui-theme/vader/jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.css');

Thanks very much.
VWD.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

7 April 2011 at 10:13pm

Edited: 07/04/2011 10:14pm

try...

Requirements::css('themes/'.SSViewer::current_theme().'/jquery-ui-theme/vader/jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.css');

or in the template... maybe... using $ThemeDir and...

<% require javascript(mysite/javascript/LeftAndMain.js) %>

hmmm I can't find an example of the second (I know $themeDir works and <% require %> but haven't used together), best stick with the first

vwd

Community Member, 160 Posts

8 April 2011 at 8:49pm

Hi Swaiba,

Fantastic!

Requirements::css('themes/'.SSViewer::current_theme().'/jquery-ui-theme/vader/jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.css');

...works well.

Thanks very much for your response Swaiba.

VWD.

PS. From a proper MVC design perspective, since this jQUery theme is tied in with my SS theme/template, do you agree that the jQuery theme files should be located within SS theme folder?