Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem with downloaded themes after installation

Go to End

2 Posts   2908 Views

sylco

Community Member, 10 Posts

21 March 2013 at 9:02am

Hi,

I installed SilverStripe over WampServer. The first installs was in \www\silverstripe as I had seen some instructions specifying that this is where it should go. I then wanted to get the site going in the root of \www because I wanted it to be called directly from www.mydomain.com. So, I renamed the \www\silverstripe to www\silverstripe(old) and I reinstalled SS right into \www. I now have a functional Web site, but it only works with the Simple theme that comes with SS. If I download other themes and add them to the \www\themes folder, they don’t seem to work because pages don’t appear in the menus. I can still make changes to the pages and publish those changes, but the menus don’t show. I can also navigate to the pages by specifying their location in a browser. All pages have the Show in menus option checked.

I have tried modifying SSViewer::set_theme('themename’); line in the \www\mysite\_config.php file. I have tried setting the theme in the admin utility, I have tried other themes, but the only one that works is the Simple theme. Is there something I am not doing right? Can(should?) SS be installed in the root of \www?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sylco

Community Member, 10 Posts

21 March 2013 at 3:42pm

Edited: 21/03/2013 3:45pm

Probably quite simple if not a novice like me, but you simply install SS in any subfolder of \www and you modify the RewriteBase '/subfoldername' in the \www\.htaccess file. In my case, I just remove the SS installation from the root of \www and I used RewriteBase '/silverstripe', which was the original subfolder into which I installed SS. Works well, now.