Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Warning: scandir ManifestBuilder.php on line 272

Go to End

15 Posts   4450 Views

lkirkpatrick

Community Member, 5 Posts

15 January 2009 at 9:37am

this is the error I get:

Warning: scandir(/kunden/homepages/44/d244428573/htdocs/faithchapel/Faith Chapel) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /homepages/44/d244428573/htdocs/faithchapel/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 272

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /homepages/44/d244428573/htdocs/faithchapel/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 272

under this warning my site is visible. If I refresh, the warning goes away and my site looks correct. But If i clear my cache or use ?flush=1 the warning show up again. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Nivanka

Community Member, 398 Posts

15 January 2009 at 2:14pm

are you sure that there is a directory like this "/kunden/homepages/44/d244428573/htdocs/faithchapel/Faith Chapel"?

if not can you delete it and see. or else see whether it is in 777.

lkirkpatrick

16 January 2009 at 9:36am

You're right! There is no Faith Chapel folder in my faithchapel site folder. So what should I delete, since there is no folder to delete? Thanks for the look out.

lkirkpatrick

16 January 2009 at 9:44am

Edited: 16/01/2009 9:44am

I just placed a folder called Faith Chapel in my root faithchapel site folder and I get no errors when I use the ?flush=1. Where is it referencing the Faith Chapel folder? Even though this fixes the problem, I'd rather have as clean a site as possible. Thanks.

Ultimate

Community Member, 18 Posts

25 January 2009 at 1:56am

This seems to be a very common issue. I'm experiencing the same problems. Obviously scandir searches for the Projectname set in _config.php. Though all files are 777 I get this error:

Warning: scandir(/home/www/heitleute.de/htdocs/silverstripe2/Poynting GmbH) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/heitleute.de/htdocs/silverstripe2/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 272

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /home/www/heitleute.de/htdocs/silverstripe2/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 272

Some people already told, this error happens only now and then, but it's reproducable by emptying the silverstripe-cache folder. I really don't want to add an empty "Poynting GmbH" folder, only because of scandir searches for a folder with the same name as the Project.

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

25 January 2009 at 10:28am

the $project global is supposed to be set to the name of the folder where your site-specific files are kept. If you keep it all in /mysite, then $project should be mysite. This is a design feature, not an issue - you're just misunderstanding howthe ManifestBuilder works ;)

Ultimate

Community Member, 18 Posts

25 January 2009 at 11:09pm

Okay... Nice to know. Let's say I "fixed" it :>

But by the way why is it still working, though I changed the projectname but the site-folder remains "mysite". Is it because ss switches back to the default name "mysite" if it can't find a folder named like the project?

Go to Top